Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Another Busy Week.

Where does the time go? I just haven't stopped running for the last month or so it seems. Tomorrow I'm off to Florida on yet another business trip. Fortunately, it's the last one of the year.

This week I've squatted twice so far. Last night's session was 130kg/5 x5 with 2 minutes rest. Did I ever mention that I love to squat? I'm joining Brett Jones' "Squat-aholics Anonymous." Tomorrow, I'm going to try to squeeze in 140kg/5 x5 before I leave. I've mentioned this before, but I'll do it again: Bone Rhythms while squatting torch the hamstrings. Interestingly enough, they don't seem that demanding on the quads--yet.

I won't get any platform time this weekend, that I'm aware, but I think I'll take the shoes just in case. One never knows if there's a barbell lying around.

On a professional note: I was promoted from an RKC Team Leader this week to a Senior RKC. I am relishing the opportunity to teach more. Thanks to my friends and colleagues for all the congratulations behind the scenes and congratulations to the others who were promoted: Brett, Andrea, Jeff, and Dave.

I love the flexibility and accessibility of the kettlebell to the general population for fitness and am proud to be part of this organization. The RKC just makes fitness simple. I like that. Perhaps that's why I like weightlifting so much: Lift this weight over your head in one motion. Now lift that weight over your head--And by the way, you can rest the bar on your shoulders in order to get it there. Simple.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brett Jones said...

Congrats and great to have you aboard Geoff - look forward to teaching with you.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Mike T Nelson said...

CONGRATS Geoff! I know you have worked long and hard on it, so kudos to you. You have a ton to teach the future RKCs (and current ones too).
Rock on
Mike N

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home