Thursday, November 01, 2007

Last Minute Thoughts

I won't have time to post tomorrow and I'll be up early for the drive to Savannah on Saturday. My clients have been asking me if I'm excited about this meet.

No.

I'm not thinking about it except for now, obviously.

My training seems to have reflected this. It has been sporadic at best the last 3 weeks. Organic is a word that comes to mind. I only have 3 sessions under my belt this week: 1 Monday and 2 yesterday. I was supposed to have 2 today, but I have 0--only about to do a full I-Phase+. Yesterday I worked up to 80% of my previous competition bests and they felt awkward. In pieces, everything feels like it's coming along: The full lifts don't. There just hasn't been enough training time. Life is interrupting me. I guess that's ok.

This is good. It has allowed me to adopt my 4 stage strategy which is a much more sane approach to training. After I get "on the board" so-to-speak at this meet, it will be my first meet since Jan/Feb 2000--whenever the Mason-Dixon Open was. I placed third at that meet and my total of 290kg (I honestly can't remember if I jerked 160 or 165kg--I think it was only 160 and I missed my third attempt with 165kg.) and it qualified me to compete at Nationals in April (I think--poor memory) of that year. Multiple injuries and almost 8 years later, I'm excited at the opportunity to compete again. If I feel good, I'll pull all the stops out. But my immediate goal at 2pm on Saturday will be to get my first set of 3 white lights in almost 8 years.

So I'm holding my excitement until that time.

I'll post my results and maybe even some video on Sunday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Franz Snideman said...

Competition is always fun...and character building! Good luck!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

good luck dude; white lights and no injuries!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Geoff Neupert said...

Thanks fellas.

All I need is 2 sets of white lights: one for the snatch and one for the C&J and I'm a happy camper. If I feel good I'm obviously going for more.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home