Tuesday, June 05, 2007

That's Disappointing...In A Good Way

Just wanted to back squat tonight. My squat is way down from where it used to be--by about 60kg. But, what do you expect with that many injuries.

So tonight's goal was to squat and irritate my knee. Mission failed. No popping. No cracking. No grinding. No twisting. Nothing. The only thing I got was a semi-spasming right VL. Cool. Here's the session:

70kg/4, 100/3, 120/2, 140/1, 150/1, 160/1, 170/1

The 170 was a challenge.

I then rested 2 minutes and then dropped down to 140kg and hit 7 doubles with 60 seconds rest between them. My legs started to get immediately sore: right VMO, adductors, VL, and some hams; left glut max--all the right places. All the Z lunges have definitely worked.

I love squatting--especially all the way down. Can there really be any other way? I don't think so. They're so anabolic.

Anyway, 170/1 is better than I expected tonight--I only expected 160kg. We'll have to see how to work these into the program--maybe once per week.

Maybe I'll get "lucky" and this knee will swell over night and I'll have something to show the orthopod tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brett Jones said...

Geoff,
You're killing me - dissapointing in a good way - more stamina - Boy -if you keep doing things wrong you might just get somewhere ;)

Good luck with the knee today.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Geoff Neupert said...

Yeah, scary, I know--it's like the anti-George "Seinfeld" episode, huh?

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home