Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Body Never (Well Almost) Forgets

Went to the platform yesterday for a quick DL session: 80%/2 for 10 sets, with 2 minutes rest.

185kg (or 407 for those of you not familiar with la systemme internationale...)

Messed around with the mixed grip until the 6th set, where for grins and giggles I used the hook grip: The bar went up with amazing ease. Not that the previous sets were a problem, but this was much easier. The only hard part was the pressure on the thumbs on the second rep. I wore my trusty "Adi-lite" sandals, which add about another inch--inch-and-a-half from which to pull.

I can only chalk this up to the thousands of reps of cleans that I must've done with the hook. This of course is the SAID Principle in full effect. Once you program it in with reps and weight, any pattern is hard to unwire.

On a side, but still related note, I played with the bar in the rack position: It felt more square and centered. I snatched just the bar for some reps--felt different, but I still don't know how--perhaps I was able to stay "longer." I also performed a set of overhead squats. Left shoulder and the hips must still not be set because the right knee popped just like it'd been doing as of late on the barbell lifts. No swelling this morning or last night. That's progress.

It'll be interesting to see how the summer plays out with only DLs for bar work and nothing but KBs and bodyweight plus resistance for a training program.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

dl's are definitley one lift that for MOST that I've found do better with less direct comp style pulling rather than more. nice work.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home