Monday, May 07, 2007

Chaffing Armpits

Technically speaking, the lats are supposed to "lock in" on the deadlift, contracting isometrically to keep the bar close/on the body, also aiding in the cinching mechanism created thru the thoracolumbar fascia to protect the spine. Just like to say that since I've been doing my specialized Z for this left shoulder, I'm really feeling both lats, especially my left one while deadlifting. The left one is new since Z--I could never get it to "activate" before no matter how much SMR and stretching I performed. Plus now I'm nice and square over the bar for the first time in maybe ever. Very nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Deads rule.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Geoff Neupert said...

Christine--I personally favor the O-lifts, but the DL is a close third behind squats in my book anyway (because I LOVE squats!)

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home