Thursday, February 08, 2007

Forced Rest...

Life's been kinda hectic lately: selling a business, opening a new studio, starting a new business, rennovating my home, managing another current business...I think as well as you do under stress, sometimes your body thinks otherwise.

I like to think I can keep my stuff together. I usually don't get sick--OK, the occasional stomach upset, but that's just a weak stomach. But all this stress, no matter how well I think I manage it, finally got to me: stomach flu.

Although it was a mild case, it knocked me down for the last 3 days. Still feel junky, but much better than the past two days.

The good news is that Monday's training session was focused on getting under the bar and it went very well. My speed is increasing: I experimented with pulling and then pulling under the bar and just pulling under the bar. Both were very fast. Of course it was only 100kg on the clean but still to hold it at the waist and BAM! just drop under it and explode out of the hole makes one feel very good--much better than the stomach flu.

Monday's session:

A. Pressing/Heaving Snatch Balance:
60kg/3;
(70/2, 75/2, 80/2) x4 w/60s rest

B. Clean with pull under from high position
80/3;
(90/2, 95/2, 100/2) x3 w/60s rest

C. Chins, bodyweight: 5, 6, 6, 7

At home:

D1. KB Clean and Press, Left then Right w/32kg
(5,4,3,2,1) x2
D2. supersetted with Pumps: sets of 5 after each C+P

Training felt good even though it was performed in my local "health club." Dan John, please forgive me for being a lesser man and not training at my platform where it was 27 degrees Farenheit.

Hopefully I feel better tomorrow night so I can hit another training session.

The only plus side is that I love cheeseburgers, double cheesburgers. Last night I was able to tolerate a bacon double cheeseburger from Cookout--felt like I needed the fat to bind things together, if you know what I mean... Mmmm good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Franz Snideman said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I can relate to you Geoff and how life can become almost overwhelming at times. It seems that when stuff happens, it all happens at the same time!

Burgers, mmmmmmmmmmmmm, yummy!

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home