Wednesday, January 24, 2007

This Is Why Everybody Needs to Be Using Z-Health...Everybody.

I'm sure everybody's tired of hearing my "story" but I am just amazed at how smart our CNS's are if we just let them do their jobs. In my left hip, I have not one, but two tears in my labrum. It was also diaognosed with damaged/missing articular cartilage and bursitis--and that was the less painful of the two hips! My right hip has at least one labral tear. I was told by my orthopaedic surgeon that I should stop all weighted hip flexion exercises and that I would eventually need hip replacements. When I asked what would happen if I continued, I was told I would hasten the need for replacements.

It is almost two years to the day since I tore the labrum in my right hip and started the downward spiral. It was January 31st 2005. Today, I jumped under the bar in the clean for the first time since that day. And you know what? I was PAIN FREE--EVERYWHERE! No hip pain. No knee pain. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I have been using Z "religiously" daily since February of 2006. I feel great. I don't feel like I'm 34. I feel 10 years younger. My speed is up. My strength is up. My power--up. The only thing that's down is my bodyfat. (Bummer--I know...) Oh yeah, and I have full extension of my left elbow for the first time in 18 years. Pretty cool.

I have tried just about every restoration/renegerative/rehabilitative therapy/modality except prolotherapy. Foam roller--Yup. Static stretching--Yup. Active and Dynamic stretching--Yup. ART--Yup. Accupuncture (with and without electricity)/Accupressure--Yup. Chiropractic--Yup. E-Stim--Yup. I don't think I'm missing anything major. Z-Health is the ONLY "modality" that has permanently changed my body to enable me to lift again.

If you are tired of foam rolling, actively and dynamically stretching, and performing "activation" drills before every training session, you need to get to a Z-Health R-Phase Certification. Is it expensive? You betcha. Is it worth it? Abso-freakin'-lutely! At the very least, get your butt to an R-Phase certified trainer and get an assessment and R-Phase prescription. You'll be glad you did.

Here's today's training session:

A. Pressing/Heaving Snatch Balance: Avg: 50%/2 x12; 60s rest
(60kg/2, 65/2, 70/2) 4 series

B. Clean with Squat Under from High Position: Avg: 50%/ 2 x9; 60s rest
(80kg/2, 85/2, 90/2) 3 series

C. Front Squat
120kg/1, 2, 3, 1
Stopped. Bilateral knee pain. No need to push it since it's the first time under the bar in 2 years.

Feel great today. Definitely a milestone.

KBs tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Franz Snideman said...

That's quite a testimonial Geoff. Hard to argue with you with those kind of results.

What do you think of Scott Sonnon's stuff. Have you ever thought about doing his certification?

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an endorsement! I am very interested and I am familiar with Dr. Eric Cobb via Indonesian martial arts "backyard" training. I will be saving to take this one. Very, very, very, impressed.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

agreed! geoff you know I will be getting to z health as soon as I run the course with the work I am doing right now.but congrats on getting under the bar again, I KNOW how good that feels. well done

7:40 AM  
Blogger Geoff Neupert said...

Thanks, Men. I am very excited about the results. And the best part as Rif says, is I survived it! No problems the next day!

I have never used SS's stuff, Franz. I'm not interested in using clubbells so I'm not going to do the CST. I've seen some of his flow stuff. It looks interesting. Reminds me of wrestling.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home