Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sometimes You Just Shouldn't...

It's only Wednesday, but it's been a long week already--way too much going on for only the 2nd week in January.

Woke up at 4am this morning with a stomachache which lasted til about noon. Felt off all day. Didn't get my Z done yesterday--I let my day control me. I forgot I only had 24 hours...

Anyway, got thru 2/3 of the session tonite and just couldn't get the squat working: the right knee just wouldn't cooperate. Not enough time to run thru all the Z combos that usually work. So, I just stopped. I'm bummed about it cause everything's going so well, but I do have the massage tomorrow. I guess I need it. Better to live to fight another day. Maybe I should've expected it considering Monday's session. It's interesting how everything's related: emotions-body-nervous system--it's all hooked together. Hindsight being what it is, I shoulda just done some GPP tonite and hit this training session tomorrow. Live and learn.

Here's what I completed:

A. Press: 75%/4 x9 sets; 120secs rest
75kg/4 x9; Easy

B. RDL: 70%/5 x8 sets; 90secs rest
130kg/5 x8; Pretty easy, but felt "off," felt right knee a little...

C. Back Squat: 65%/6 x 6; 60s rest
Just couldn't get it going--120kg/2 x2 and had to shut it down--right knee pain plus no groove.

Massage tomorrow focusing on scar tissue in left elbow from a break in the radius wrestling 18 years ago...(Wow--that's a long time...). The doctor set the break incorrectly--he said that another degree or two and it would've been a compound fracture. Thank God for small blessings. Not really that big of a deal, but the results of no therapy sure added up over the years!

Plan of action: Eat extra food tonite and get more sleep than I did last nite. Tomorrow is some GPP/Rehab work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home