Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Three Hardest Words to Say...

"I was wrong."

I was wrong about my body yesterday. I decided to train last night anyway. I wore my Nike 10/2 Frees and elevated my heels on a 3/4 piece of rubber mat and front squatted anyway. I had some issues right off the bat and asked a trainer from TPT to take a look. Left serratus anterior wasn't firing and that was causing the bar to elevate on the left side and overload the right knee. Once I got the SA working again, my problems disappeared. Worked up to a very, very easy 120kg.

Then I performed some Power Cleans from the floor: 92.5kg for 12 doubles with 60s of rest. These were peformed in the same shoes but without the 3/4 mat. It was the first time I've ever been aware of being truly square at the start. Some mild knee discomfort on the second pull on a couple of reps, but other than that, no problems.

Grabbed the 40kg KB and performed C+P's: 2 easy ladders of 1,2,3.

Overall, the session felt good. The I-Phase drills have definitely been helping. It was weird how I totally misread my body yesterday. I don't know why I decided to train--maybe just out of sheer frustration. I'm glad I did.

Found some scar tissue--quite a bit of it, actually--in my abdomen. My wife was doing some release work on me last night. Both my right and left sides are pretty bound up with it. She got a lot out of the left side. Made me feel "pukie." Very weird. This could have a lot to do with the knees. I'll continue to have her do the release work until it's all gone. Then I'll have a definitive answer.

Probably hit some heavy DLs today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Glad to hear that.

My back went into spasm yesterday morning so the very thought of powercleans is a stressor at the moment!

lots of foam rolling and a massage booked at lunchtime!

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home