Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"Easy" Days

These are the days that I'm not on the platform.

They're designed to be easy from a relative intensity point of view. They are also designed to augment my platform days by making up for weaknesses that the platform work doesn't address: Overhead pulling toward the body from above and unilateral work from snatching.

Right now it's just neutral grip chin up ladders and very light kettlebell snatches with the 16kg, one minute on, one minute off. The goal is to get up to 75 reps or so on the chin up ladders and 20 minutes of snatches, 10 minutes of work, 10 minutes of rest. Once I get there, then I'll start adding weight to the chins and pushing for more reps per minute on the snatches. No rush though.

It'll be interesting to see what effect these days have on my platform days. Honestly, I'm quite proud of myself for coming up with what I think is a very sensible program. Each "easy" workout should take no longer than 40 minutes ever. Today's was about 20 minutes primarily because I was "slacking" with my rest periods on the chins.

More squats and pulls tomorrow. Should be fun.

On another note, had to do a PREP test due to non-stop knee pain. Positive. Eyes up. Pain immediately diminishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home