Friday, October 27, 2006

Myofascial Winding?

My lower back has been really tight since Wednesday. Feels like L1-L2 is out of place. As a result, my SI's are out of whack. Knee discomfort comes and goes. I'm loathe to go back to my chiro. I'm really trying to stick with this Z-Health experiment: Only Z till I'm fully able to get under the bar again.

My business partner is going to take me through some myofascial winding test today to see if I'm over-wound in a particular direction. Methinks so. I got some relief yesterday and today doing some specific work for that. But I sit down and I'm right back where I started. Anyway, we should know for sure today. May also get him to do some visual/vestibular testing to make sure that's all clear.

It's strange: I can perform non-weightlifting exercises and be fine. I think that I "poisoned" my CNS with all the heavy loading in and thru pain, that my body won't easily forget it...yet. I'm excited to see what the outcome is today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude, great job, I will love to see what you post.really like how you think about things and I always learn from you.

sorry to hear about your pain. you know I know how much this sucks. but I am glad you are keeping your mind open to other modalities besides Z. I truly beleive it is great there is nothing that is everything eh?

my rifga stuff really is a like cheks crom assesment in the form of static stretches. when one side is not getting its full extension or flexion, for whatever reason I know I have to get it right or pain is around the corner.

and I do like the assymetrical aspects of single kb work for helping balance the body. I actually have a right spinal erector now despite not doing any specific work for it. the kb forces this balance I beleive.

but not the doubles, thats too much like a barbell.

I am also taking some homeopathic rememdys for muscle cramps and spams and it seems to be working very well/

talk you you soon.
and please dont be a blog tease.updates! lol

4:44 PM  
Blogger Geoff Neupert said...

Rif, thanks for your insights and for posting.

Fortunately, my "pain" is nothing compared to what I've experienced before and certainly pales in comparison to yours. I may have exaggerated--more like discomfort.

I wish I did keep my mind open to other modalities, it'd make life in the short run much easier. However, much like one's faith, I'm going where I can't necessarily see. If I did try some other modality right now, I'd fail in my scientific experiment with the Z, which is, of course, to get me back on the platform and onto the medal podium.

My hypothesis is that Z is EVERYTHING and that the conventional musculoskeletal approach which sometimes works, isn't the best approach. I've seen amazing things with Z. For example: I had a client walk in who'd busted her SI Joint out. An hour later she walked out pain free and upright as if nothing ever happened. Weird and cool at the same time. It's been my experience that Z ALWAYS works--it just may not give you the results you expect or want. (Man, I sound like such a Zealot--but I just can't help it --I've seen and experienced way too much!)

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this will be a serious test of the z then. getting back into serious lifting with serious loads. if it holds you up under those circunstances what more can you ask?

hard to believe one thing is everything but proof is in the pudding eh? good luck brother.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home