Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Caught Off Guard...

Well, the knees were a little...tired...yeah, that's it...kinda tender, but not really any sort of pain.

Then, I was bored Saturday and grabbed my 32kg KB and did a 2-Hand Swing ladder: 10-20-30-40. I tried it twice but only got to 20 on the second rung. My grip (!) gave out--never expected that.

Sunday, hams were tight.

Monday, hams were sore and tight.

Tried squatting anyway: 120kg/(1,2,3,4,5) x3 for 45 total reps. Right knee a little "twingy" at the ITB insertion and a little tight in the patellar tendon. But it seemed to work out.

Here's the unexpected part: my left hip hurt.

Never expected that; I've been so focused on the knees I just assumed the hips were fine.

It felt funky on one of my sets of squats--3rd ladder, 3rd rep. I was playing with my stance--just in case I ever get back on the platform, cause the heavier the weight, the more you shuffle your feet--but didn't turn my feet out. Big mistake. Then went on and hit 10 doubles on the KB C+P using the 40kg--about 45-60s rest between sets. Z to cool down and went home. (Trying Keifer as a PW drink. Need the extra probiotics.) Went to bed, hip a little sticky. Woke up, hip a little sticky; right knee, hard to tell. Not perfect though.

Anyway, worked out the hip and the knee with some Z pre-workout today. No problems during workout.

120kg/(1,2,3,4) x3--60% of yesterday's volume--30 lifts.

A little stiff afterwards. Here again was something unexpected. Trying to get back into KB snatches for metabolic conditioning: the left hip started grabbing again!

I wonder if I can mix the squatting and the KBs in the same cycle or if they will have to be separtate.

I see Eric Cobb on Thursday. It'll be interesting to say the least. I've come a long way since my initial eval. in April. I wonder if I'll be able to get back onto the platform. Part of me thinks that would be great. Another part of me (my wife) doesnt' think so. Seriously though, I think I could just be satisfied with KBs and BDWT exercises for the rest of my life.

We'll have to see how I hold together tonite and see how I feel tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home